Based in South London, Balance CIC is a small but growing organisation providing a range of services to vulnerable people, that are designed to promote their independence and quality of life.
Our services are aimed primarily at people with learning disabilities and mental health issues. We are committed to the development of progressive and sustainable services, making a meaningful difference to people’s lives enabling them to:
- Have the support they need in order to achieve a high level of independence in their lives
- Have rich and full lives
- Aim high and achieve their goals
- Have a voice in all decisions relating to them
Beyond the support we give to individuals, we are committed to:
- Promoting the visibility of vulnerable people within society as a whole
- Having a positive influence on public policy relating to vulnerable people, including developing models of good practice, and improving public understanding of and attitudes towards vulnerable groups
We are a “not for profit” Community Interest Company (CIC). As a certified social enterprise, we are required to invest any profits back into the services we provide, or into the local community.
As a CIC and a social enterprise, we have to demonstrate that all our profits are focused on delivering high quality services to vulnerable people, helping them to achieve a high level of independence, and improving their quality of life in line with their goals. We also have to manage our finances effectively, in order to ensure the sustainability of our work.