Residential Support Workers x2
Residential Support Worker –
x1 day vacancy, x1 waking night vacancy
£10 per hour
Supporting adults in our residential Home with Learning disabilities to a safe and fulfilling life.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Are you interested in joining a dynamic team within an innovative organisation, actively empowering people with learning disabilities? Balance is a local social enterprise, based in the borough of Kingston, providing a range of progressive and high quality services for vulnerable people. Our mission is to help people to become less reliant on services, and reach their potential.
Our Residential care team supports people with learning disabilities to live independently in the community. The team successfully transferred to Balance from Kingston Council during 2014, and is now a central element of the services we provide locally.
Our Residential Support Workers work with residents to achieve Health and Social outcomes as identified in their personalised Action Plans. This may include supporting a person with Moving and Handling, Personal care, Eating and drinking as well as accessing local community activities whilst creating a stimulating and homely environment for people to live safe and fulfilling lives.
We are expanding our team, and are looking for people who have:
- Experience of supporting people with learning disabilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to equality and diversity
- Understanding of barriers faced by people with learning disabilities, and of their rights and entitlements
- Commitment to best practice, and developing new ways of working effectively to achieve positive outcomes for service-users
Many thanks for your interest – We look forward to hearing from you.